REEsilience coordinator is part of the 30th "Buergerdialog" in Vienna
The 30th Citizens’ Salon recently took place on 23rd November 2022 at the Diplomatic Academy in Vienna. More than 100 came to watch the high-calibre panel discuss popular questions: “E-mobility, green energy and digitalisation at a dead end? Is Europe lurching into the next dependency, this time on China?”. REEsilience was represented by its coordinator Prof. Dr. Carlo Burkhardt (Pforzheim University).
On the podium were:
- Hannes Androsch, Dr.; former Vice-Chancellor, industrialist, Vienna
- Carlo Burkhardt, Dr.; Professor, Scientific Director, Institute for Strategic Technology and Precious Metals, Pforzheim University, D
- Robert Kleedorfer, Mag.; Deputy Head of Department KURIER / Business Editorial Office, Vienna
- Oliver Schmerold DI; Director ÖAMTC Automobile Club, Vienna
- Lukas Püspök, Mag.; Wind power operator, Managing Director, Erneuerbare Energie GmbH, Parndorf, Burgenland
Before the panel discussion started, the REEsilience coordinator Carlo Burkhardt had the opportunity to present the “Challenges for a Sustainable Supply of Rare Earths for Electromobility, Green Energy and Digitalisation”. Furthermore, the SUSMAGPRO and REEsilience projects were presented in more detail.
After that, there was a lively discussion about Europe’s dependency on e-mobility, green energy and digitalisation between the panellists and the audience.